The all-new BMW 5 Series, locally produced at the BMW Plant Chennai, has been launched in India.
The all-new BMW 5 Series, seventh generation of the premium sedan, was unveiled by the legendary sportsman, Mr. Sachin Tendulkar. It will be available in diesel and petrol variants at all BMW dealerships across India from 1st July, 2017 onwards.
The all-new BMW 5 Series comes with BMW’s game-changing technologies such as Gesture Control, Remote Control Parking with BMW Display Key, Wireless Charging, Parking Assistant with Surround View and the next-generation BMW Head-up Display.
With the Remote Control Parking and BMW Display Key with touchscreen, a driver can manoeuvre the all-new BMW 5 Series into a narrow parking space from outside the car. The smart key also displays service reminders, cabin temperature, mileage range and fuel level.
All acceleration and braking actions are monitored and controlled by the Park Distance Control (PDC), the Parking Assistant with the Surround View camera, while the engine can be started and switched off by remote control. Surround View shows a bird’s-eye view of the driver’s car as well as a three-dimensional image of the traffic situation. Any obstacles or other road users that suddenly appear can be spotted even earlier in this way.
The smartphone holder integrated into the centre console allows inductive, Wireless Charging for mobile phones and the BMW Display key.
Available in three exclusive design schemes — Sport Line, Luxury Line and M Sport.
- Sport Line celebrates the gust of adrenaline with sporty styling shining the spotlight on the car’s dynamic character and stands out with numerous trim elements in high-gloss black, special colours in the interior, sports leather steering and light-alloy wheels in a bi-colour polished finish.
- Luxury Line indulges movement in style with elegant contours and endows elegance through its fine design elements of high-gloss chrome and matching wheels, aluminium door sill plates, sports leather steering wheel, exclusive colours for the ambient lighting and chrome edging for the air vents all catch the eye.
- M Sport package, bestows masculine character distinguishing itself as an elite sports model with M aerodynamic package, M light-alloy wheels, M badging, an extremely sporty cockpit design with M leather steering wheel and comfort seats in the front with exclusive ‘Nappa’ Leather upholstery as standard.
The all-new BMW 5 Series is available in three diesel variants – the BMW 520d Sport Line, the BMW 520d Luxury Line and the BMW 530d M Sport and in one petrol variant, the BMW 530i Sport Line, which are locally produced.
- Three-litre six-cylinder diesel engine of the BMW 530d produces an output of 195 kW / 265 hp and a maximum torque of 620 Nm at 2,000 – 2,500 rpm. Accelerates from 0 -100 km / hr in just 5.7 seconds.
- Two- litre four cylinder petrol engine of BMW 530i produces an output of 185 kW / 252 hp and produces a maximum torque of 350 Nm at 1,450 – 4,800 rpm. The car accelerates from 0 -100 km / hr in just 6.2 seconds.
- Two-litre four cylinder diesel engine of the BMW 520d produces an output of 140 kW / 190 hp and produces a maximum torque of 400 Nm at 1,750-2,500 rpm. The car accelerates from 0 -100 km / hr in just 7.5 seconds.
BMW TwinPower Turbo technology: The innovative petrol and diesel powered engines from the BMW EfficientDynamics family offer considerably more spirited power delivery as well as spontaneous responsiveness even at low engine speeds. Complies with the BS IV emission standard.
Transmission: Eight-speed Steptronic Sport automatic (also available with steering wheel paddle shifters).
Dynamic Damper Control for driver comfort: Using the Driving Experience Control switch, the driver is able to choose between different driving modes to suit the driving conditions (Comfort, Sport, Sport+, ECO PRO and Adaptive).
BMW EfficientDynamics….designed to reduce fuel consumption and increase performance
- Intelligent Lightweight Construction in the body leading to weight savings of up to 70 kilograms as compared to the predecessor.
- Aerodynamic excellence and the accompanying reduction in fuel consumption are guaranteed by details such as the side air blades on the tailgate and the air curtain integrated into the air inlets at the front.
- 50:50 weight distribution, low centre of gravity, automatic start/stop function, ECO PRO mode, brake energy regeneration, electric power steering and more.
The all-new BMW 5 Series is equipped with an extensive range of BMW ConnectedDrive systems
- BMW iDrive with BMW Navigation Professional (with touchscreen),
- Park Distance Control and Parking Assistant with Surround View Camera that provides a 360-degree view,
- BMW Apps,
- Bluetooth and USB/AUX IN connectivity
- BMW Head-Up display (70% larger than before in M Sport variant)
The rear-seat entertainment system:
It includes two 10” colour displays on the rear side of the front seat backrests. It also includes a Blu-ray player, an HDMI connection for mobile devices, as well as various connections for MP3 players, game consoles. Up to three sets of headphones can be connected via the integrated wireless interface.
Other cutting-edge Safety technologies include:
- Six air bags
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) with brake assist
- Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) including Dynamic Traction Control (DTC)
- Cornering Brake Control (CBC)
- Hill Descent Control (HDC)
- Side-impact Protection
- Runflat tyres (RFT) with reinforced sidewalls
- Electronic vehicle immobiliser
- Crash sensor and
- Integrated emergency spare wheel.
The all- new BMW 5 Series is available in Alpine White (non-metallic) and in the following metallic paintworks: Black Sapphire, Imperial Blue and Cashmere Silver. The additional metallic paintworks for Luxury Line range are Jatoba and Bluestone Metallic. The exclusive metallic paintworks for the M Sport range include Mediterranean Blue and Carbon Black.
- Range of fine leather upholstery options
- Cockpit angled towards the driver to put all controls within reach and facilitate intuitive driving.
- Large display, sparingly arranged controls and uncluttered surfaces
- Ambient Lighting package with six dimmable designs
- Noticeably more headroom in the rear as well as an increased boot capacity of 400 litres (integrated emergency spare wheel).
- Optimised design of the door cut-outs to make getting in easier
The ex-showroom prices* (effective 1 July, 2017)
BMW 520d Sport Line: INR 4,990,000
BMW 520d Luxury Line: INR 5,360,000
BMW 530d M Sport: INR 6, 130,000
Source: BMW India Private Limited
*Price prevailing at the time of invoicing will be applicable. Delivery will be made on ex-showroom. Ex-showroom price (inclusive of GST (incl. compensation cess) @ 43% as applicable in New Delhi but excludes Road Tax, RTO statutory taxes/fees, other local tax/cess levies and insurance. Prices and options are subject to change without prior notice. For further information, please contact your local Authorized BMW Dealer.
Maintenance and repair
BMW Service Inclusive and BMW Service Inclusive Plus are optionally available with the all-new BMW 5 Series. These service packages cover all routine service and maintenance work with a choice of plans from 3 years / 40,000 kilometres to 10 years/2,00,000 kilometres. These include original BMW parts required for routine service work irrespective of how many times the service is done. The all-new BMW 5 Series also comes with optional BMW Repair Inclusive that covers the car additionally from third year of operation to maximum sixth year, after the completion of the standard two-year warranty period. Thus, the car is covered for warrantable repairs for up to six years without any mileage limitations. Together, these packages provide complete peace of mind and freedom to enjoy unlimited driving pleasure.
Source: BMW India